My $305 Campaign

Always remember to spell check

In 2020,  I ran the first waste-free campaign in Mill Valley. The standard practice in every campaign is to send out mailers to the 6000 homes in our city.  I didn't. You already get too much junk mail that is barely looked at and then thrown away. And instead of hundreds of plastic yard signs that become landfill, we hand painted reclaimed wood. 

I am happy to say those wooden signs have since been reused in four other campaigns!

I'm taking it a step further this time with a $305 campaign. $305 is the cost of the filing and ballot fees that every candidate has to pay. It's the bare minimum. The rest of my campaign will be done for free - no mailer, no consultant, no paid digital media and the same wooden signs as last time.

Why?  Elections in our cherished “small town character” city should be based on endorsements, personal recommendations and a track record of accomplishments. Meet the candidate or trust someone who has. The cost to campaign for elected office has ballooned to as much as $20,000 in recent years. Finance shouldn’t be a barrier to political office in places like Mill Valley. 

If you like what I have done for Mill Valley, then I need your support by telling your friends and neighbors to Vote for Urban. Emailing your network on my behalf is worth far more than dollars. 

If you can make a financial donation, then please follow the link to Measure L.